GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

From the mailbag...

You know, I get three types of e-mail from readers. First, I get e-mail from gays who get upset that I am conservatives. Second, I get e-mail from conservatives who are upset that I am gay. Last, I do get lots of nice e-mails from people who like the blog.

Well, here's an e-mail I received today of the first type.
Sorry- can't imagine why any thinking gay person would call themselves 'right wing' (the jesus freakers scare the bejasus out of me.)
Well, I do consider myself a person of the right....but my arguments aren't religious at all. I am an atheist.

What I like about the right is that it's a very big tent...big enough for all sorts of people. And, I'll keep saying it...there is no liberal gene for gay people.