GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Friday, July 22, 2005

Long John Baldry Dies....


One of my favorite bluesmen passed away last night. Long John Baldry had been fighting a chest infection for over four months and was only 64 when he died. He released over 40 albums and was instrumental in helping the careers of Elton John and Rod Stewart.
You can get more information on Long John at his site.

I was lucky to see him play live several times...once at the closing ceremonies of the Gay Games in Vancouver in 1990. He was also one of the few openly gay blues artists - and he was proud to call Canada home.