GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A 'discussion' with Jack Layton...

This past weekend, at the Vancouver Island Musicfest, I bumpted into Jack Layton in the backstage area. We started chatting about the music industry (where I work full-time) but one of my friends yelled out -- "Jack, he's a supporter of Stephen Harper and George Bush"....and that changed the conversation.

The conversation turned to global warming. Layton's way of arguing is to monopolize things. I could barely get a word in edgewise. It was exasperating - especially since I believe I know something about global warming. He simply won't debate the issue - because to him there is no debate. He claimed that there is not ONE peer reviewed paper skeptical of global warming by CO2. I plan over the next few weeks to send him several articles.

He was very polite. But, I don't think he has any ability to listen at all. As for debate, forget it. He also did say he wants to bring the government down on the issue of global warming.

5 Comments:

Blogger Zorpheous said...

Post those articles on your blog as well, I would enjoy reading them

1:00 PM  
Blogger Road Hammer said...

Ah, the party of tolerance and diversity, as long as one's opinions doesn't deviate from left-wing orthodoxy and complete and utter hatred of all things right of Joe Clark. They'll even "out" you if you don't drink the Kool Aid.

There's nothing democratic about the New Democrats.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack Layton was completely useless as a politico in Toronto. He liked to grandstand and squawk, but could he point to anything he did to improve things? Nope, he would point at things other people did that worked and try and take credit for them, but he's useless.

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great talker but a lousy listener. There must be some interesting dinner conversations at the Layton-Chou house.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Jarrett said...

When he stopped on the beach by my house in the 2004 campaign, my mother went down there to meet him. She said he was a prick, in much the same mould as say.

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home