GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Another evangelist gets hoisted by his own petard....

What's being done to this evangelical is despicable...
The leader of the influential National Association of Evangelicals, a vocal opponent of the drive for same-sex marriage, resigned Thursday after being accused of paying for sex with a man.

The Rev. Ted Haggard also stepped aside as head of his 14,000-member New Life Church while a church panel investigates, saying he could "not continue to minister under the cloud created by the accusations."

The investigation came after a 49-year-old man told a Denver radio station that Haggard paid him to have sex.

Haggard, a married father of five, denied the allegations in an interview with KUSA-TV late Wednesday: "Never had a gay relationship with anybody, and I'm steady with my wife, I'm faithful to my wife."

In a written statement, Haggard said: "I am voluntarily stepping aside from leadership so that the overseer process can be allowed to proceed with integrity. I hope to be able to discuss this matter in more detail at a later date. In the interim, I will seek both spiritual advice and guidance."
However, there's nothing worse than gays who are in the closet and yet still pursue anti-gay policies.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not "anti-gay" to be pro-traditional marriage. Christians gladly tolerate Gays--my doctor is a fine Gay male who treats my family with care and love. I am opposed to his lifestyle choice, but deeply respect him for who he is to my family and our community. It's a typical trick of Gay activists to call those opposed to their lifestyle names.

Grow up Mr. Gay and Right.

9:03 PM  
Blogger GayandRight said...

I never said anything about gay marriage....i have no problem with people who are against gay marriage....i have trouble with gay people who are in the closet and come out with hateful statements about homosexuality. Has Mr. Ted ever said anything nice about homosexuality?

10:53 PM  
Blogger Suricou Raven said...

Perhaps the most annoying thing - how many people are going to read about their incident, filter it through their current preconceptions, and conclude 'I knew those gays all pay for sex'? Same thing that happened with Foley - some conservative organisations started campaigns to convince people that all homosexuals are pedophiles.

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home