GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tolerance is just a one-way street...

Discrimination against Jews (Zionists) seems to be ok...
As the Washington Post’s Marc Fisher reported, University of Maryland student Mia Lazarus recently went to buy some chips and juice at the Maryland Food Collective. The clerk at this grocery and sandwich shop in the student union read her t-shirt’s “Baltimore Zionist District” and “I Stand for Israel” slogans and then declared, “Your shirt offends me. I won’t ring you up.”

Another coop cashier eventually sold Lazarus her chips and juice. But more instructive than Lazarus’s ability to finally buy her groceries has been the aftermath. After an hours-long, “teary” meeting between Lazarus, her friends, and the collective, the coop agreed that it would serve any customer who wasn’t physically or verbally abusive, but that workers offended by a customer’s politics could arrange for another clerk to serve a patron.
Read the whole thing...amazing how Lazarus really refused to confront the issue...
Hat tip: Shameer...thanks for sending this...

3 Comments:

Blogger HeadCount said...

Well, let's check the list of things that are cool these days...

Environment? Check.
Anti-Bush? Check.
Plight of the poor Palestiniens? Check.
Supporting Israel... hey what's that doing there? They kill babies, don't you know. They're the new nazis now.

G&R, I'm not surprised that they ignored the real story here.

I don't know if you'll mind a URL on your blog, but here comes:

http://communities.canada.com/nationalpost/blogs/fullcomment/archive/2007/08/14/dave-gordon-on-hezbollah-s-ad-campaign-in-windsor-ont.aspx

Check it out: NO response from the mayor of Windsor. And then a counsil member just says nothing at all. Pathetic.

Anyhow, nice blog, nice to find you.

-red collar

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more piece of evidence that so called "progressives" on the left are at the same intellectual level as the Sturm Abteilung, and its offspring, the Schutz Staffel.

Congratulations, lefty cretins, you're making neo-nazis look like misguided children by comparison.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in an apartment building that is a mini-UN. Recently, I noticed that a couple of families have some relative or family members that have taken on the outward manifestations of a religion commitment neither Jewish, Christian nor Buddhist. A couple of the young bucks have the robes and a couple of the females are fully draped (though hardly the burqah).
I often go out to read summer evenings on the front-steps (currently "The Battle for Jerusalem"; Dore Gold). Though I read Bruce Bawer's "While Europe Slept" when it first came out, I have that copy available to be seen as well.
On Fridays evenings I make sure to wear my "Don't worry America. Israel's behind you!", "Israeli Submarines","IDF" or "Mossad" tee shirts.
I hope it burns them, though I prefer to be polite.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home