GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Jihad for love!

I really want to see this movie...
It took gay Indian filmmaker Parvez Sharma six years to make "Jihad for Love," a documentary film about gay men and women trying to live Muslim lives in Iraq, Pakistan, Egypt and South Africa.

Now he says his challenge will be to make sure the movie reaches Muslim communities, even in countries where being homosexual remains a crime that could be punishable by death.

"I aim to take this film into Muslim countries as a Muslim," Sharma told Reuters in an interview, noting that the downloading possibilities of the Internet make it far easier to distribute movies than in the past.

"I am going to make sure that this film gets to every Muslim that needs to see it...and if this means I am going to have to smuggle the tapes through my underground contacts in Muslim countries and make sure that people everywhere are able to have screenings for this film, then that's exactly what we are going to do."

2 Comments:

Blogger Lemon said...

Fred - Abuses exist closer to home - survival under tyranny is described in my friend Carolina's film, Two Cubas.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Balls of steel on that guy obviously, good luck to him.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home