10 Green Heresies...
A good article in Wired about 10 Green Heresies...
The authors support the idea of human-induced global warming....but offer some hard truths for environmentalists..
1. Live in Cities. Urban living is kinder to the planet than the suburban lifestyle.
2. A/C is OK. Air-conditining actually emits less CO2 than heating.
3. Organics are not the answer. Surprise! Conventional agriculture can be easier on the plant.
4. Farm the Forests. Old-growth forests can actually contribute to global warming.
5. China is the solution. The people's republic leads the way in alternative-energy hardware.
6. Accept genetic engineering. Superefficient Frankencrops could put a real dent in Greenhouse gas emissions.
7. Carbon trading doesn't work. Carbon credits were a great idea, but the benefits are illusory.
8. Embrace nuclear power. Face it, Nukes are the most climate-friendly industrial-scale form of energy.
9. Use cars - not hybrids. Don't buy the new Prius! Test-drive a used car instead.
10. Prepare for the worst: Climate change in inevitable. Get used to it.