GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A New Home for conservative Gays and Lesbians...


I am out here in Winnipeg for the Conservative Party Conference and I thought I would announce the following:

Media Advisory

A New Home for conservative Gays and Lesbians

Winnipeg, November 13, 2008 – Gay Dominion is a new home for gay conservatives in Canada – and allied with no political party. Contrary to public belief, gays in Canada represent a broad cross-section of opinion, and the default political position of many Canadian gays and lesbians is not liberal.

Gay Dominion stands for limited government, low taxes, free markets, the merit principle, personal responsibility, AND the equality of gays and lesbians. Gay Dominion is against rampant political correctness, myopic religious intolerance, moral and cultural relativism, anti-Americanism, and the tearing down of western civilization.

“I am delighted to launch Gay Dominion in Winnipeg at the Conservative Party Conference,” said Fred Litwin, who is also a blogging tory under the name GayandRight, “While we have no formal links with the Conservative Party of Canada, I am hopeful that we can help turn the party into a welcoming home for small ‘c’ conservative gays and lesbians.”

For more information on Gay Dominion, please visit our web site at www.gaydominion.ca.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is excellent that you are doing this. Very best of luck--I hope it's a huge success. Certainly it will be great support for a lot of people.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Foster Karcha said...

I wish you the best of luck. I hope you can have as loud a voice as your counterparts on the left.

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. Hopefully you'll allow people like me to join too?

6:07 PM  
Blogger Robert G. Harvie, Q.C. said...

Well done!! I think that the inherent message in your work, that there is a conservative point of view that isn't confined to white, anglo, hetero, male, businessmen is invaluable to the development of 21st century conservatism.

While the message isn't uniformly popular today, the reality is that, deep down, most decent human beings carry the same values of personal pride and self-determination, free of government interference, which is central to true conservatives. Keep up the good work!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Libertymad said...

I'm so glad. Been reading your blog for over a year and always thought it was a pity you didn't go public. Congratulations!

3:27 AM  
Blogger West Coast Teddi said...

Well done Fred .. be proud, stand up for what you believe in, and "recognize" that "we conservatives" are for individual rights and freedoms ... yours being as valid as mine.

8:08 PM  
Blogger deaner said...

Fred, I am chiming in with my best wishes and support. Gay men and women need to know that they can be conservative, and I hope this sort of forum assists in that. More importantly, conservatives (both big- and little-C) need to know that gay men and women are not necessarily adversaries, merely due to their sexual preferences.

Good luck with this project!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Roy Eappen said...

Great work Fred! I wish you every success.

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My best wishes as well. But, under conservative links they have Andrew Sullivan?!?

the friendly grizzly

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home