GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Thursday, February 12, 2009

The truth about Hamas...

Yet another journalist tells the truth...
I have set up the meeting to get a Palestinian perspective on the Israeli elections.I expect rabid vitriol, but all my questions are met with pleasantries and platitudes about going forward and working together. So I decide to push things a bit.

I remind him how Hamas is viewed in the eyes of the international community. I ask about the leaders refusing to recognise Israel and the militia using civilians as human shields in Gaza.

"The Israelis are the terrorists, Hamas are resistance fighters! Why should I recognise the occupation? Arafat recognised Israel and he was given nothing."

He is more animated than at the biscuit-offering stage but he is still civilised and the meeting ends with a cordial handshake. But what he says reveals the sad truth about the peace negotiations.Hamas does not, and will never, recognise the right of Israel to exist.The message is the same, no matter how friendly the face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home