GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Sunday, March 15, 2009

And, lunch police in the UK....

Yet another horror probably coming to Canada...
A primary school has been accused of running a 'mealtime Gestapo' after insisting on inspecting children's lunchboxes for unhealthy food.

If pupils are found to have sweets, chocolate, fizzy drinks or full-fat crisps, teachers confiscate them and hold them in the staffroom.

The snacks are returned at the end of the day but only if parents ask.

One parent, Magdi Cullen, said she was shocked when her nine-year-old daughter Maria told her about the policy at Danegrove Primary School in Barnet, North London.

Mrs Cullen, 34, of Cockfosters, said: 'When I found out about what they were doing, I thought, "This is a primary school, not Guantanamo Bay".

'I can't believe that teachers go through their lunchboxes because there might be something like a small chocolate bar.

'My daughter has a sandwich and an apple as well, but now she has to hide a small box of Smarties I give her. It's just not right.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How typical of grade school teachers. I had one phone me at 9:30am to ask why my son didn't have a lunch packed - I replied that there was no food in the house and that if by noon I hadn't shown up with a lunch she would then have a complaint. This teacher also inspected the contents of the lunch bag and confiscated contraband items. KGB tactics. Indoctrination starts early.

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is typical of the attitudes and behaviors that make me disrespect the teaching "profession":
a) disrespectful of the parents and family of students
b) intrusive,
c) superior attitude without any basis in fact
c) bullying
d) self righteous
e) politically correct
f) left wing
g) intolerant whilst preaching "tolerance" and respect for "diversity"

The entire "profession" has proven the old adage: "Those that can do, those that can't teach!"

Even worse they force their incompetence and biased beliefs on child and their families.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Vladtepesblog.com said...

And people wonder why no one in the west has any kids anymore. The teachers union had better start learning Arabic if they hope to have a future.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home