GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Monday, April 06, 2009

Where's the world's concern for Iraqi gays???

We've all seen in the last week the incredible concern shown for the supposed new law in Afghanistan that legalizes spousal rape. I say supposed because no one has seen the actual text. In any case, world leaders like Obama have been outraged, and Stephen Harper has actually talked about the law threatening the NATO mission.

I support this talk tough, and I support tough action as well.

But, where is the same toughness when it comes to the gay community in Iraq? Already in the past week, we've seen some 6 gay people murdered in Iraq. There are 128 gay people who have been sentenced to death as well. I'm not sure how this all fits in with Iraqi law which 'only' calls for 7 years imprisonment for homosexual activity.

When can we expect a statement from President Obama? When will Stephen Harper mention this? Will the British and the Germans also remain silent? Surely, the tolerant Dutch should be making a fuss, no?

There you have it. No leader will say something about this. Not one. This inability to speak out for gay rights when it really counts is what unites the conservatives and liberals alike. Can somebody prove me wrong, please?

2 Comments:

Blogger Myackie said...

The world expects arabs/moslems to act like barbarians.

the world holds Israel/Jews to a much higher standard.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Peter L said...

I think that the world does condemn Iran on it's treatment of gays, at least I like to think it does. Problem is that the West's contempt for Iran is all encompassing and (I hope) includes their treatment of Gays. But I wouldn't hold your breath to see anything from the UN as that organization has become a mouthpiece for Islam and cannot be trusted.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home