GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Are Christians going to riot????

If it had been a koran, we'd be preparing for riots...
Christians voiced anger and dismay Tuesday after a Bible, which was part of an exhibition inviting viewers to add their reflections, was defaced with offensive and foul-mouthed scrawl.

Glasgow's Gallery of Modern Art has decided to put the Bible in a glass case after the exhibit, called Untitled 2009 and part of a show entitled Made In God's Image, was vandalised.

Artist Jane Clarke, a minister at the Metropolitan Community Church, asked visitors to annotate the Bible with stories and reflections, as a way of making it more inclusive.

But visitors to the gallery took the invitation a bit further than she had anticipated.

"This is all sexist pish, so disregard it all," wrote one person, while another described the Bible as "the biggest lie in human history" and a third wrote: "Mick Jagger and David Bowie belong in here."

On the first page of Genesis, the first book of the Bible, someone had written: "I am Bi, Female and Proud. I want no god who is disappointed in this."

Clarke said: "I had hoped that people would show respect for the Bible, for Christianity and indeed for the Gallery of Modern Art. I am saddened that some people have chosen to write offensive messages.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is she kidding? She puts a bible on display, invites people to write in it and then freaks when thety do.
I would have written "Killroy was here".

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard the Church of Scotland has undertaken the drastic step of proceeding with the most shocking demonstration by a Christian church yet:

They issued a statement.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have written a long letter of thank you for displaying the Bible in such a manner.

Except I would have wrote in the museum's EMPLOYEE parking lot - in the car's paint jobs - with a screwdriver.

And I would have waited to see who wrote "Kilroy was Here" and kicked the fuck out of him.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I would have waited to see who wrote "Kilroy was Here" and kicked the fuck out of him.

I doubt it. You're a pussy.

"Are Christians going to riot????"

Fatwah envy?

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home