Ottawa Citizen misuses statistics...
In a large article on Islam, the Ottawa Citizen reporter makes a startling claim!
In less than three decades, the number of Muslims in Ottawa has leapt to about 65,000 from 4,320. The median age among Muslims is a young and fertile 28, compared to the national median of 38.8, the oldest Canadians have ever been. Islam is the fastest-growing religion in Canada, jumping 128 per cent since 1991.I'd like to see all the results of the poll. But, just because only 32% claim they have a thorough knowledge of Islam, doesn't mean that the other 68% don't know what they are talking about. It's a ridiculous statement. I certainly don't have a thorough knowledge of Islam, but I know enough! I am surprised this paragraph pass the Citizen editors.
Some Canadians are nervous about the implications. A recent Angus Reid poll found 45 per cent of Canadians believe Islam incites violence. Just 28 per cent have a generally positive view of the faith. Yet only 32 per cent claim to have a thorough knowledge of it. In other words, 68 per cent admit they don’t really know what they’re talking about.