GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Happy Canada Day!


I just want to wish all my readers a very Happy Canada Day!

This is a terrific country and I love it dearly. What I love most is our enlightenment values - rule of law, thirst for knowledge, and a talent to help people who need it, and a love of culture.

But Canada can soar much higher. Take Afghanistan. We've done a great job there, and I am proud of what we have accomplished. The Afghan people are truly appreciative of our sacrifices. But, we can do a lot more. Not just in Afghanistan, but we can take our expertise in government, rule of law, and help democracies around the world. We're good at bringing in emergency water to places like Haiti - how about an emergency democracy team that we can place where needed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home