GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Yet More on Columbia University

The Professors charged with anti-semitism at Columbia held an event on Monday on the topic of 'academic freedom'.
“If some Columbia faculty are going to be stigmatized for being anti-Zionism, then let me be among them,” said Noha Radwan, an assistant professor in the Middle East & Asian Languages & Cultures department. “I am anti-Zionism.” Radwan expressed solidarity with Professor Joseph Massad, who the committee report said had “exceeded commonly accepted bounds” when responding to a student’s question. At Monday’s meeting, Massad offered a point-by-point critique of the report, pointing out that he does not view the committee that issued it as legitimate and that it did not find the charge against him necessarily true, but merely credible.
I'll post more on this meeting when I get more info....