GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Thursday, May 19, 2005

The way forward for Stephen Harper......

I think Harper should now focus on getting the best candidates for the upcoming election - one month after Gomery. He should ensure that his urban candidates are not bible-thumping social conservatives...but candidates that are fiscally responsible, not hostile to gays, and who offer a serious alternative to the Liberals.

He now has a chance to run the next election on good government and fiscal conservatism. Let's hope he doesn't blow it.

If you check some of my earlier postings, you'll find my list of several topics the Conservatives will avoid (like immigration, the problem facing boys education, Native affairs, bililngulaism, Father's rights, political correctness, etc). Perhaps the Conservatives can even develop some 'radical' policies on the above.

But, I doubt it. In many ways, the Conservatives are like the Liberals. Two big parties, thirsty for power, with few principles to guide them.

I want the Conservative Party to stand for something. I know the Liberals are beyong redemption.