GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Political correctness in the UK...

Actually, I get pissed because there aren't enough jews in hockey...but that's just me.
David Lammy, the Minister for Culture, will tomorrow accuse arts organisations in the UK of being "too exclusive" and not doing enough to promote black people in senior roles.

In his most outspoken intervention yet on race, Mr Lammy will call for an urgent "attitudinal change" in the arts world, accusing cultural organisations of restricting ethnic minority staff to menial or back-room roles.

The minister, who is of Guyanan extraction, will also say: "If you are not part of the solution to this crisis of Britishness, you are part of the problem."

"When I meet leaders of cultural organisations I am far too often the only black person in the room," he will comment. "Where there are BME [black and minority ethnic] employees, they are still largely in front-of-house or other support functions. In senior management or the curatorial professions they are conspicuous by their absence."
My God, doesn't he have anything better to do than to complain about skin colour? How about intellectual diversity in the arts? Isn't that more important than skin colour?