GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Friday, October 21, 2005

His therapist approves!

What an embarassment! Svend Robinson does not deserve to serve in Parliament.
Former New Democrat MP Svend Robinson, who left office after he was caught stealing a diamond ring, has confirmed he's making a political comeback.

Robinson, 53, said he will run against Liberal Hedy Fry and seek the NDP nomination in the riding of Vancouver Centre in the next federal election.

His old riding of Burnaby Douglas was filled by NDP MP Bill Siksay in last year's federal election.

"I'm asking for a second chance," he told a news conference in Vancouver's historic Sylvia Hotel. "I should be judged for my entire hard record of work."

The former high profile Vancouver-area MP pleaded guilty to theft of a $64,000 diamond ring last year, and was later given a conditional discharge for theft over $5,000.

"Again today I want to say how deeply sorry I am," Robinson said Friday, describing the theft as unpremeditated madness.

After the incident, Robinson revealed that he suffers from bipolar disorder and had been prescribed medication. He wouldn't say Friday whether he was still on the medication, but said he sees a therapist regularly.

"I wouldn't be taking this step unless I had the full confidence of my therapist," he said.
But then, he's running against Hedy Fry, the most useless Liberal MP is decades. I feel sorry for this riding.