GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Friday, October 21, 2005

Prime Minister Layton to meet with Martin...

Our insufferable Prime Minister, Jack Layton, is going to meet with Martin soon...and I am sure some sort of deal will be worked out.
Prime Minister Paul Martin will be meeting face-to-face with NDP Leader Jack Layton about the government's progress toward preserving the publicly funded health-care system.

It will be the political rivals' first such meeting since April, when Layton agreed to prop up Martin's minority government in return for an additional $4.6 billon in government spending.

"(Preserving health care) is supposed to be the fight of his life, but we haven't seen much action up until now," Layton said yesterday. "I hope that the indication that there is going to be a meeting will produce some results. Am I optimistic? I wouldn't say I'm going that far."
The plain fact of the matter is that people want choice in health care, and this government is not going to allow it.