GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Sunday, December 11, 2005

It's all about responsibility...

The Liberals philosophy is simple: Parents can't be trusted, so we need nationally funded daycare.
A top Liberal strategist is suggesting Canadian parents could blow their child-care money on beer and popcorn under a funding proposal championed by Stephen Harper and the Conservatives.

Scott Reid, Prime Minister Paul Martin's director of communications, says there's nothing in the Harper plan to make sure that cash allowances intended to pay for day care would actually be spent for that purpose.

Reid says parents could take the cash windfall and spend it on anything they want - including beer and popcorn.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only is this a major philosophical difference between us but I find the beer and popcorn remark insulting. I find their belief that that we are unable to make decisions on our own insulting. I find Liberals insulting.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, since Liberal ministers can spend $100-$200 bucks of my money on pizza. I will just follow their example. Or maybe not.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I like beer and popcorn. And don't kids deserve popcorn every now and then?

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of when Harris said that moms on welfare just blow all their money on booze and smokes...

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the liberals will start attacking welfare and pensions soon too.....they could be spending those on beer and popcorn as well ! All I know is that if the liberals are re-elected, I am getting drunk on something much harder than beer !

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bah, in the heat of debates some things can be projected a differen't way.

The thing is he apologized. More than I can say about Gallant who never really apoligized for her comment on Berg's beheadig when she compared that to every abortion that takes place

Or how about Harper's comments about the same sex marriage legislation not really counting because the bloc support it...since when do quebec voters don't count in parliment? I guess not when they are needed to bring down a minority government to have an election call.

It's all a bunch of BS.

In the end policy and character speak volumes. I'm a former progressive conservative, but I'm not voting for Harper.

Martin has my vote!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home