The CBC and the Terrorism Case....
I watched CBC News tonight on television. I must be a masochist. Their first piece was on the revelations that Stephen Harper was a target of the terrorist attacks. A very short piece...and very incomplete. Then, they went into another piece asking whether the accused can get a fair trial in Canada. Their implication was clearly, no they cannot get a fair trial.
This was their coverage tonight of the bigget terrorism case in North America in several years. Here is what you can see in upcoming CBC shows:
1. How the defendants were marginalized by Canadian society (whatever that means).
2. Continued Islamophobia in Canadian society.
3. How the war in Afghanistan fuels terrorism.
3a. Why our mission in Afghanistan is antithetical to Canadian values (ooops, I really mean CBC values).
4. Were the defendants framed?
5. Why this case says nothing about what goes in mosques across the country.
6. A look at the defense of the terrorism suspects.
The plain fact of the matter is that Canada was not a participant in the Iraq war and still we are targets. The CBC will never understand that we are targets regardless of how we partipate in the war on terror. The terrorists hate western society....does the CBC as well?