GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Thursday, July 13, 2006

You can't have the job - you're white!

I think I'm going to start referring to myself as a beige male....sounds better, no?
A history graduate has been rejected for a job in a royal palace because he is white.

Brighton and Hove council told Kieron Keenan he could not apply for the job of trainee museum assistant at The Royal Pavilion because he is not of African, Afro-Caribbean, Asian or Chinese descent.

Mr Keenan, a 23-year-old graduate, said: "It's astonishing. In order to be seen to be less discriminatory towards ethnic groups the council has used a law which is blatantly discriminatory against another ethnic group.

"Apparently it is perfectly legal. I feel very annoyed.

"To get a graduate job in the history field is very hard and I have been automatically barred because of my skin. I am perfectly qualified to do the job.

"I didn't even get the chance to apply because the advert made it clear you could not apply unless you were non-white.

"I couldn't even get as far as filling in the application."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home