GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Christian bookseller killed in Gaza....

Gaza is not a good place to be a Christian....
Unknown assailants killed a Palestinian Christian activist and dumped his body on a Gaza City street, Palestinian officials said Sunday, sending a shudder of fear through Gaza's tiny Christian community.

The body of Rami Khader Ayyad, the 32-year-old director of Gaza's only Christian bookstore, bore a visible gunshot wound to the head, and an official at Gaza's Shifa Hospital said he was also stabbed numerous times. Ayyad had been missing since Saturday afternoon.

Ayyad's store, the Teacher's Bookshop, is associated with a Christian group called the Palestinian Bible Society, and Ayyad regularly received anonymous death threats from people angry about his missionary work, his family said. In April, the bookstore was firebombed during a wave of attacks by a shadowy Muslim "vice squad" on Internet cafes, music shops and other targets associated with Western influence.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll go out on a limb here and guess the killer was a Muslim , I know they don't like to mention it on the Arabic news but since i have yet to hear of a Christian suicide bomber in Israel I can only assume that it's just Palestinian Muslims that suffer from SJS ( Sudden Jihad Syndrome ) that makes peaceful followers of Islam become killers of civilians for Allah's cause.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the previous comment. All expect the part of peaceful followers of Islam becoming killers. The Quran explicitly says that if you expose a non-muslim to Islam and that person does not convert within 3 months (I believe it is three months, it might be a different length of time), then you as a muslim have a duty to kill that person. I'm not making that up. I read it with my own eyes.

Also, I have a connection with the bookstore in Gaza. I didn't know the man killed, personally, but have a connection with the people that started the store. I just cried when I heard. I am so sad for that man and his family, and all the Christians living in Gaza, and the Middle East for that matter.

It is only Christian faith that can make someone die in the face of being murdered. But that is nothing new. Most of the disciples did it. Jesus did it. If that is not proof of Jesus Christ being the one and only savior I don't know what is.

Praise be to our KING! We will see the man again when we go to Heaven.

"Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come."
2 Corinthians 1:21,22

I don't know you who has the blog or what you believe or anything. I just stumbled onto this site because I googled Gaza Christian Bookstore killed.

But here it is: The Spirit that God puts in us is the Holy Spirit, it is God himself. He gives it to us when we ask Him for it. And when he gives it to us, it never leaves. He will "never leave nor forsake you". This is our "guarantee" for what is to come: Heaven. So no matter who you are or what you do, or how you see things, or what your perspective is or where you're from... if you or anyone invites Christ into your life...ie ask God to be your personal God and put a part of himself inside of you...its literal and he does and that guarantees a "spot" in Heaven to put it crudely.

Don't know why I'm going on about this. I believe it with all my heart and soul and know that this is exactly what the Bible proclaims (which originated in Israel by Jewish men and women).

If you're interested in Christian Israeli things and how the Bible was written from a uniquely Jewish perspective visit this website www.followtherabbi.com. It has completely enlightened my way of thinking. I love Israel and weep for their sufferings.

ok, sorry I wrote a book! Baruch atah Adonai Eloehenu melech ha olam. Blessed are you O L-rd Our G-d King of the universe.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home