GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Talk radio 1410 in Vancouver

I received a nice e-mail today from one of the producers at Talk radio 1410 in Vancouver, enquiring whether I would like to be a guest to talk about Gay Dominion. I called them right back, and I was literally on the air in 10 minutes.

The substitute host for the show, Dave Brindle, in his his first question indicated this was going to be a hostile interview.....and then he got downright nasty and hostile. How on earth can someone be gay and support the Conservative Party???? It was 10 minutes of pure hostility - with absolutely no intellectual curiosity about what I was trying to do with Gay Dominion.

I have asked the station for a tape of the interview - I would love to post it and show the hostility I regularly receive from the left. I get lots of really nice comments from conservatives - but hostility from the left.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visited the "Gay Dominion" site, and read your issues page. I disagree with the gay marriage stance, but hey I am pretty sure the train already left the station on that one so you win by default anyway. I do wish you every success with your pursuit to build a strong conservative group. Too bad about the guy on 1410 but maybe it with further show how "tolerant" Liberals really are about opposing views.
P.S. Your GayandRight blog is probably my most quoted source for climate change info. I use the info at college for conversation starters with climate change fanatics;(my wife says I shouldn't beat-up on climate retards, but it's too fun).
Keep up the Struggle.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice write-up re Gay Dominion in the Citizen. I liked your explanations for why you are a Conservative. The notion that Conservatives are anti-gay is completely misguided. Anti-gay marriage is a different issue(and also very complex) At the time of the political vote on this Canadians were pretty much divided, so I don't view this as a issue that is central to Conservatism. I think gays who are vehementaly anti-conservative are caught in a time wharp. Keep up the good work. LS

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only true morons believe that gay people cannot have Conservative values

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with all of your issues on Gay Dominion; they were eloquently written. As an active (straight) CPC member on my local executive, I have always supported same-sex marriage. I would very much like to see the CPC say the issue is closed for discussion, forever. True conservative values, such as free markets, lower taxes, fiscal and personal responsibility, etc, etc, apply to all of us - gay or straight. The hostility you are getting from the left may be a good sign...you're on the leading edge. Keep going, please, and know that there are many in the CPC that support you.

5:19 PM  
Blogger langmann said...

"I would very much like to see the CPC say the issue is closed for discussion, forever. True conservative values, such as free markets, lower taxes, fiscal and personal responsibility, etc, etc, apply to all of us - gay or straight. The hostility you are getting from the left may be a good sign...you're on the leading edge. Keep going, please, and know that there are many in the CPC that support you."

Seconded.

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More good work from Fred...

Thanks

7:56 PM  
Blogger Peter L said...

"Only true morons believe that gay people cannot have Conservative values"

Unfortunately, there are no shortages of morons in Canada. Good work Fred! Bash on!

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuThat's no surprise to me.

The regular hosts, Joe and Jenn would never treat you that way.

The guest host is well known for his leftist views.

BTW, you have a great voice.

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nobody cares if you're a pink elephant. For Christ's sake, we are sick of you fruits screaming for attention.

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home