GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Friday, March 13, 2009

U.S. won't sell fighter jets to Taiwan....

This really bugs me....I am a huge supporter of Taiwan...
The U.S. government has declined to make a long-awaited sale of F-16 fighter jets to Taiwan for fear of upsetting China, Taiwan's parliament speaker said on Tuesday.

The White House blocked the $4.9 billion deal for 66 advanced F-16s last year and there was little hope of it being revived this year, said Wang Jin-pyng.

"The U.S. doesn't want to give them to us," Wang told Reuters in an interview.

"They wouldn't name a price. It's mainly because mainland China would oppose the sale."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I think it's also the US that doesn't want the sale to go through. Here's why.

Taiwan and China have been increasing getting closer since the last election when a pro-Chinese president was elected. Diplomatic, economic, cultural, and military ties are getting closer so I believe that eventually Taiwan will enter China's sphere of influence.

I think the US sees the writing on the wall and won't sell the Taiwanese anything for fear of the Chinese getting access to their technology.

Just my thoughts.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home