GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Sunday, June 28, 2009

American climate change bill is going to cause world-wide problems....

This could cause a huge trade war....let's hope the Senate never passes this bill...
President Obama on Sunday praised the energy bill passed by the House late last week as an “extraordinary first step,” but he spoke out against a provision that would impose trade penalties on countries that do not accept limits on global warming pollution.

“At a time when the economy worldwide is still deep in recession and we’ve seen a significant drop in global trade,” Mr. Obama said, “I think we have to be very careful about sending any protectionist signals out there.”

He added, “I think there may be other ways of doing it than with a tariff approach.”
No one has seen the entire 1,200 page bill...but I really want to see the penalties on countries that don't buy into the global warming crap...

2 Comments:

Blogger Pissedoff said...

Don't worry CINO Harper the Hypocrite will buy into it all the way.

3:07 AM  
Anonymous mari-claire said...

Hi there my name is mari-claire and i am from Scotland. Im doing research into the climate bill being passed by Obama and was wondering if i could ask you a few questions as im finding it quite hard to navigate through all the opposition.

I was just wondering what you stance on americas acountability for climate change is and why you are opposed to the bill. I say this undefensively as i am trying to gain an understanding if it is really a good idea myself.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home