GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

9/11 is always an emotional day for me. I remember back to the shock and horror of September 11, 2001. At about 9:00 AM, I was just starting to work from my home-office, when my phone rang. My friend Janet was on the phone saying that a plane had struck the World Trade Centre. I hung up thinking that perhaps a Cessna had gone off-course, and went back to work. It didn't take long to see that something bigger was happening.

My politics had already begun to change - but 9/11 firmed up a lot of things for me. It made me realize that our culture - Western Culture - was the best, and that there were people who wanted it destroyed. Sadly, many of these people reside here.

Right after 9/11, there were many on the left who were questioning the role of Osama Bin Laden! Even back then, going into Afghanistan to clear out the Taliban was criticized from the start. Many on the left seemed to want the West to do nothing.

Now, eight years later, many on the left still don't get it. Our way of life, Our Culture is clearly superior to any other - and yes, it's worth fighting for. Please take a moment today to think about what's great about our lives, and why we need to preserve Western Civilization.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Clown Party said...

I aqgree ... North America has changed since then .... in many ways worse.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Fred,
Great event last night. I have posted pictures and commentary at
http://deborahgyapong.blogspot.com/2009/09/bruce-bawer-speaks-in-ottawa.html
Thanks for the work you did in organizing it.
Deborah

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home