GayandRight on Canada....
I just published an article on Norway's Human Rights Service...
Of all the countries in the West, Canada might be the least prepared to deal with the problems of Islam, largely because of a politically correct press, weakened security services, and a minority Government that avoids controversy at all costs.Please read the whole thing...and spend some time on the Norwegian site...lots of interesting new articles in English - courtesy of Bruce Bawer.
Here is some of the evidence that radical Islam is taking root in Canada:The 2006 case in Toronto where 18 Muslims were arrested for being part of a terrorist cell and planning a variety of attacks in Ontario. To date, one member has been convicted, three have plead guilty of intent to cause an explosion, and one has plead guilty to importing firearms.In addition to the above cases, there have been many cases of incitement in Islamic private schools, of universities hosting Israel-Apartheid weeks, of Canadian government agencies (including the Royal Canadian Mounted Police) using radical Islamist groups to educate agency employees on accommodation, and of Provincial Governments giving in to Islamist demands.
· A Toronto imam in October 2009 called for Allah to “destroy” the enemies of Islam “from within themselves” and called for God to “damn” the infidels. Imam Said Rageah at the Abu Huraira Centre typically talks to about 800 to 1,000 people at Friday services.
· Adel Mohammed Arnaout is a Lebanese immigrant living in Toronto who has been accused of sending three letter bombs to residents in Toronto.
· Mohammad Momin Khawaja was found guilty of involvement in a plot to plant fertilizer bombs in the UK, and was sentenced to 10.5 years in prison. Khawaja worked as a computer software developer for the Department of Foreign Affairs in 2004.
· Jewish schools were firebombed in Montreal in 2004 and 2006. The 2004 attack destroyed the library of Montreal’s United Talmud Torah school. It was in retaliation for Israel’s killing of a Hamas leader. A 19-year-old man received a two year sentence for the attack. Azim Ibragimov pleaded guilty to firebombing the Skver-Toldos Orthodox Jewish Boys School in 2006 and attempting to attack the Snowdon, YMHA (Young Man’s Hebrew Association) the following year. He received a 4-year sentence.
· Khaled Mouammar, the President of the Canadian Arab Federation, called the Canadian Minister of Immigration a “professional whore” for supporting Israel. He also wanted the Canadian government to remove Hamas and Hezbollah from the list of banned organizations and have them replaced with the Israel Defence Forces. It was then revealed that Mr. Mouammar spent the 11 years prior to February, 2005, sitting as a member of the Immigration and Refugee Board, deciding whether refugee claimants from such North African countries as Morocco, Egypt, Algeria and Somalia should be allowed to stay in Canada.
· The honor killing of three sisters, found dead in a car at the bottom of the Rideau Canal, by their father, mother and brother near Kingston, Ontario. The three were arrested on their way to the airport to leave the country.
But Canada’s real problem is cultural. A number of terrorism-related cases are being used to weaken our security services, and these cases have started to turn public opinion to the side of the islamists. It all started with the case of Maher Arar – a case that started a media frenzy to trivialize Canada’s national security.