GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Glavin on Canada's plummeting reputation.....

Terry Glavin has just returned from Afghanistan....please visit his blog and read his posts - there are very few journalists in Canada who know as much about Afghanistan as Terry....
"After walking for about 10 minutes, I started to relax a little. Kids come up to you constantly to say hello in hopes that maybe you have something to give them. Two boys asked me if I had money, chocolate or candy. I shook my head and held out my hand to show them I didn't have any, but they still grabbed it and went through each one of my fingers to make sure.
"I and the other Canadian on the patrol seemed to get the majority of the attention, possibly because we were dressed differently, but many of the Afghans driving by would yell "Canada!" out their car windows and wave or give us the thumbs-up. One kid ran by the police officer and the American in front of me to shake my hand."

3 Comments:

Blogger Falling on a bruise said...

During the Iraq war protests there was a couple i happened to sit next to. They had North American accents and to us Brits, American & Canadian accents sound the same and they had Canadian flags sewn onto their backpacks. After a while of me asking questions about Canada they confessed they were actually American but such was the anti-American feeling in Britain (burning flags etc) that for their own safety they made out they were Canadian.
Of course Canada is now being berated for the seal fur trade, tar sands and Celine Dion so the American tourists will have to find somewhere else to pretend to be from.

9:20 AM  
Blogger GayandRight said...

I can only understand criticism of celine dion. The seal fur trade is essential to Canada...why do you think our fish stocks are so low??? It's the damn seals eating the fish....we need to control the population....so, why not get some fur out of it at the same time.

The tar sands will pump over $15 trillion into the canadian economy over the next 20 years. It's an amazing project that is going to make Canada very wealthy...

11:57 AM  
Blogger Falling on a bruise said...

I did like Alanis Morrisette though in her Jagged Little Pill era.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home