GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Meet the person who interviewed Libby Davies...

Meet the blogger who conducted that interview with Libby Davies...
A second example of what is wrong with the debate is an example from the left. Last weekend I interviewed NDP MP (a NDP=Leftist Party, MP=Canadian Member of Parliament) Libby Davies at an anti Israel rally that I was filming. Libby Davies is one of the more prominent critics of Israel in Canada, so I thought I would hear an eloquent argument on why Israel is a negative force in the world. However, what I got instead was evasiveness and a misunderstanding of basic facts of history

I first asked he when she believes that the occupation started in 1948 or 1967. I was hoping to gauge what part of the anti-Israel spectrum she was on. When she answered 1948, and then started talking about the occupation of Gaza and the West Bank, I was stunned. It seemed to me that she believed that those territories fell under occupation after the war for independence, not the 67 war. As the interview went on, it became more clear that she did not actually know much about the conflict. How is it that a leader on a national stage can take such a stand against another country without understanding what she is taking a stand on? While I may have disagreed with her ideas, I would have had little problem with her if she actually knew about the cause that she was trying to rally people to. But she had no clue what she was talking about other then parroting a few lines at me getting flustered when I tried to push beyond them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone in the world isn't going to be an expert in Israeli history, short as it is. In fact many Israel supporters don't know much about Israel's history. I can't speak for Libby or what she is about being a leftist because in general they are anything anti-capitalist. My view is that Israel wield massive influence over the US to the extent that it even overshadows the US population's ability to manage their own country. (real conservative)

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are few protest groups that Libby does not like. She has spent her whole career protesting anything leftist in Vancouver. I hold her personally responsible for helping to ensure that nothing is done to clean up Canada's worst slum.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home