GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Monday, August 06, 2007

'24' Goes Politically-Correct

I used to watch this show...I think I'll pass on next season....

For a television programme whose main character regularly averts terrorist outrages and nuclear war, saving the world from global warming could be considered something of a diversion.




But the producers of 24, the American thriller, plan to make the show ­"carbon neutral" to "inspire its millions of viewers before it's too late".

To promote the message, they are planning to tie global warming issues into the plots – which have included state-sanctioned torture and presidential assassination attempts – "when appropriate".

Kiefer Sutherland, who plays the counter-terrorism agent Jack Bauer, said that ­global warming was "a crime for which we are all guilty".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thought they really dropped the ball and lost site of their priorities last season... if this is serious, then I fear the show has no hope.

Seriously, this past season was the worst of them all by far simply because they seemed to lose all touch with reality. But THIS! This is nuts and a clear sign that they are paying the star power too much and the writers too little.

"Hey, you're not writing enough carbon neutral story lines!"

"I thought I was supposed to write an adventure serial?"

"No! More carbon neutral points!"

Yeah... I will be dollars to cents I won't get past the first half dozen episodes next season.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Brian in Calgary said...

Hey, what do you expect from the producers of a tv show starring the grandson of Tommy Douglas? I'll bet Keiffer is okay with this.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home