GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Elie Wiesel on Ahmadinejad...

He asks the right question...why didn't more people walk out???
Wiesel called Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad "the No. 1 Holocaust denier in the world" and said that those who share his beliefs are proof that anti-Semitism is still a force today.

Anti-Semitism "is a plague," Wiesel said. "An anti-Semite is a person who hated me before I was born."

Wiesel said he was disappointed that so many UN delegates listened to Ahmadinejad's speech before the assembly last month and that the UN has not been more forceful in denouncing Iran's nuclear ambitions and Ahmadinejad's statements against Israel.

"He says, 'There was no Holocaust, but there will be one, and I will be the author of that one,'" Wiesel said, paraphrasing Ahmadinejad. "And the world is silent, the world doesn't say anything. I don't understand. When he spoke at the UN, I had expected that the entire hall would be empty. ... The Israeli delegation left and, of course, the Americans left, but the others stayed there. To listen to what? To this stupidity? To this extraordinary insensitivity to people?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home