GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Remembrance Day 2007


For the first time in several years, I will be missing Remembrance Day ceremonies in Ottawa (I have to go out of town on business). I'm not happy about it - Remembrance Day is one of the most important events in our calendar.

I'll miss singing O Canada and I'll miss the lump in my throat as the veterans march pass. I'll miss applauding them all, and I'll miss the two minutes of silence.

But, I will certainly remember the important role this country has played in both World Wars. In Korea. In our various peace-keeping roles. And, in Afghanistan. I salute our veterans who have kept us safe, and our current troops who fight for freedom every day of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home