GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Rev. Wright Issues a Clarification...

Well, now it makes a lot more sense....
Rev. Jeremiah Wright on Thursday tried to step back from a controversial comment he made earlier in the week, explaining that when he said “them Jews” were keeping him from getting access to President Barack Obama he meant to say “Zionists.”

“I misspoke. Let me just say Zionists.” Wright told Sirius/XM radio host Mark Thompson on “Make it Plain.”

Wright tried to explain that the comment was a reference to Jewish authors and “historical facts.”

“I’m not talking about all Jews, all people of the Jewish faith, I’m talking about Zionists,” he said. “I’m talking about facts, historical facts. I’m not talking about emotionally charged words.”

“They can jump on that phrase if they want to, but they can’t undo history and they can’t undo the fact of Jewish historians and Jewish theologians who write about what’s going on,” he added.

During an interview with the Daily Press posted on the newspaper’s site Wednesday, Wright claimed that he is being blocked from speaking with Obama, a former member of Wright’s congregation.

“Them Jews ain't going to let him talk to me,” Wright told the paper. “I told my baby daughter that he'll talk to me in five years when he's a lame duck, or in eight years when he's out of office.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Philanthropist said...

Wright and the Holocaust museum shooter seem to hold similar views. A$$holes.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home