GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

If You Don't LIke Police Work...Then Quit!

You can't pick and choose what you want to work on....
A Muslim police officer has been excused from guarding London's Israeli Embassy after he objected to the duty on 'moral grounds'.

PC Alexander Omar Basha - a member of the Metropolitan Police's Diplomatic Protection Group - refused to be posted there because he objected to Israeli bombings in Lebanon and the resulting civilian casualties of fellow Muslims.

In a move which has caused widespread astonishment at Scotland Yard, senior officers in the DPG agreed that that PC Basha should be given an alternative posting.

The officer, who carries a gun, is now thought to be guarding another embassy.

Critics accused Met chiefs of bowing to political correctness, saying the decision set a dangerous precedent.

A senior source in the Metropolitan Police Federation said: 'We are expected to serve people without fear or favour. You treat them according to their needs whether you agree with their political or religious views or not.

'Officers should not be allowed to pick and choose where they work in this way.'

6 Comments:

Blogger hunter said...

That is totally wrong! I might not agree with Christmas, but if my job says I have to wear a Santa outfit, I either do it, or lose my job!

Where has common sense gone!!!

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Islamic Republic of Britain wins again...

1:03 AM  
Blogger swannie52 said...

Britain is Doomed. An English ex-pat once told me-to my dismay-that by the 21st Century Britain would be the Islamic Republic of Britain.

What was I to think? He was an intelligent, well studied man and seldom wrong in his politics. He laid it out how this would all work and it seems that his prophecy might well be coming true. The story here refered confirms the existance of at least part of the "stage two" process he described.

I am not a conspiracy theorist by any stretch of imagination but I can tell you that I have been living in and visiting Britain since 1976 and every time I visit Britain seems to be less..well.. British. In the 70's there was evidence of a dilution of what essentially made Britain British. By the 80's the influence was massive and evident. By 2001 I could hardly recognize the place. By 2004 it seemed to me that Eastern Europe was busy "moving in" to join the Middle East

What I don't understand is why the British those from the original British Culture don't see it?

2:10 AM  
Blogger JohnAGJ said...

And yet Scottish firemen who object on religious grounds to passing out pamphlets at a gay pride parade are punished? Interesting double-standard they have in the UK...

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it is too bad about the fire fighters but they do not kill people on a bus or a train when they are disturbed.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once Islam is the law of the land in Britain, firefighters won't be asked to hand out gay pride pamphlets, which they shouldn't be anyhow.

Islamic Republics have other ways of dealing with gays - unbeknownst to gay leftists in Canada apparently.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home